In the Spotlight with Tanya Geisler is a weekly live show that shines a light on some of the biggest mindset challenges facing leaders and entrepreneurs today in their lives and in their work.
This week's guest Theresa Reed (aka “The Tarot Lady”) has been a full-time Tarot card reader for close to 30 years. She is the author of The Tarot Coloring Book, an illustrated tour through the world of Tarot with coloring sheets for every card in the deck. In addition to doing private Tarot readings, teaching Tarot classes, and speaking at Tarot conferences, Theresa also runs a popular website—TheTarotLady.com—where she dishes out advice,
WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT:
- The intersection of writing a book and the Impostor Complex
- Tanya’s secret business weapon (hint! It’s Theresa!)
- Theresa walks us through her writing process and the publishing process
- How Theresa is a champion for her industry and peers
- What Theresa has learned by stepping into her Starring Role
- What Theresa would say to someone ready to rise above the pack
- Pricing yourself as a creative or in the mystical profession
- A live card reading
- Technically I’m a writer but I never considered myself a writer. I thought a writer was like Steven King.
- Ultimately I was speaking in my own voice but then feeling worried about my own voice.
- When you copy someone else, what is missing in yourself?
- People want to take shortcuts instead of doing the internal work.
- There is no fast and easy. Sometimes there’s fast. Sometimes there’s easy, but they are rarely together.
- The meanest hate mail has never come from my clients, it’s come from my peers
- Every time you take an evolutionary leap, there's always going to be someone threatened by it, jealous or they want to take some of it, but you can't get distracted by that.
- Haters come from a very very small place.
- Haters are sign that you've gotten to a new level, that you've struck a nerve and you're moving up.
- You aren’t paying for your reading, you’re paying for my time, and my time is valuable.
- We’ve got to bust through those glass ceilings and say NO! I will not be paid less than a man. Get paid ladies!
- Sometimes we have to blow our own top, we have to get out of the stinkin thinking, and the only way to do that is to face the fear and dive in even if we can't see what's below us.
- Don’t mistake the depth of the power because it’s actually fun to do.
- This is not going to shrink me. This is actually going to make me stronger
LINKS + THINGS MENTIONED//
- “New levels bring new devils.” -Steve Maraboli
- Step Into Your Starring Role Playbook
- Beyond Compare Webinar
Each week Tanya and a guest star (an expert in their zone of genius) take on a topic that is UP in their work, or in the work of their clients. (Can’t step into your starring role when perfectionism, procrastination, boundaries, comparison, people pleasing, diminishment, and overwhelm are in the way, right?)
We’ll take your questions and bring our best answers. It’s part coaching, part exploration, part Q+A, all delicious.